Sunday, August 20, 2006

Fishing the Little Tennessee and Tuckaseegee...one last time?


Well, I moved to Iowa this past week, but before I left the mountains of the NC, I pulled out the ole' fly rod and fished the Lil' Tennessee and the Tuck' one last time (maybe). The Little Tennessee shocked us (Troy, in the picture below was my guide/comrade on the two trips), offering us a whole day of beautiful river bends with no fish. Neither Troy or myself saw a fish the whole float trip. In fact, the only animals we saw in the river (minus a few birds) were a few cows.

So we determined to hit the Tuck before I packed up and left for the mid-west. The Tuckaseegee is with out a doubt my favorite river to fish. All the trout are well nourished and wild trout are plentiful. Before the evening was through, both of us found ourselves with good sized browns and bows on the end of our rods. The best part of the trip was experiencing (again) the evening mist that rises from the bustling eddies of the Tuck. I'll miss her.

No comments: