Thursday, June 12, 2014

A forgotten weekend on the Gulf

Only recently I went back and looked at this blog. It has been neglected, so to speak, and so has my life as a fly fisher. Needless to say, that should change. [In fact, part of my reason for checking up on the blog was the fact that I am currently making plans for fishing trips to the Harz region of Germany!]

Anyways, what was noticeably missing from this blog was a report on my recent trip to the Louisiana Gulf. My fearless brother and captain had me down for a weekend in December, just as my semester had let out and as he prepared to head to the Fl. Keys.

The weekend was a reminder of two things: 1) I have a great brother and 2) I am a terrible caster, especially with larger-weight rods. The amount of redfish to which I failed properly to cast during a three-day period was overwhelming. I should practice. I should.

I did make a few decent casts. And one resulted in this guy, who I believed weighed in around 20lbs.


No comments: